Our short answer is to just do it!
You should feel confident in yourself and your ability to share your expertise simply because you ARE the expert here. As the coach, you carry expertise that attracted your clients to this Challenge in the first place. Use that as motivation and momentum to start filming.
But if you need a few more tips and tricks to polish your production, check out these pointers.
Plan your script, notes, etc.
- Some coaches prefer to have a complete script in front of them before they start to film, others find it helpful to jot down a few bullet points. Whatever method you choose, planning what you will say before you say it is great practice.
Use a teleprompter
- If you are someone who wants to stick to a script, there are some fantastic teleprompter apps out there that can facilitate this process. Think of newscasters and how they read and present the news.
- PromptSmart is considered one of the best free teleprompter software programs for iOS and Android. The app listens to your speech so it knows where you are in the script and adjusts the scroll speed accordingly.
- Another option is Parrot Teleprompter for iOS & Android. It’s not free, but it’s considered the best teleprompter app for mobile users.
Practice, practice, practice
- Go for a few test runs in front of your camera and watch it directly after. This is better than practicing in a mirror simply because you get to observe yourself and see right in front of you what you’d like to improve.